Reseller Cloud Backup Installation
For a re-branding option of our backup software see instructions below.
Step 1. Download PDF (Reseller Backup PDF)
Step 2. Fill out/attach images in new Word Document.
1) Click Next on the Welcome Screen
2) Accept Agreement and click next
3) Type in email address or servername@domainname for storegrid ID
4) Choose Typical Install and click next
5) Click Install
6) Click Finish to complete installation and launch the storegrid console
7) Some versions of Windows will require you allow access to the apache web service that runs as
part of the backup software
1) Launch the StoreGrid Console
2) Login with default user/pass of: admin/admin
3) Select Time Zone
4) Important: First thing to do on main screen is Add Backup Server which is listed in step #3 on
the console screen. Click Add Backup Server.
5) Enter machine name of: backit.ori.net
7) Machine Type is: Server
8) Click Add Peer button – It should return successful then close the screen
9) Now Start at step #1 – Enter backup schedule name (example: data)
10) Step #2 – Select the files and folders you wish to include
11) Step #3 – Enter encryption password - *** Very important not to lose this. You are unable to
delete or retrieve backup data without this password!!***
12) Setup desired retention policies, keeping in mind the more retention, the more data storage
requirements, and the more the bill will be
13) Step #4 – Scheduling: Set to run daily prefer between hours of 9PM and 7AM
14) Step #5 – Additional Full Backups – Similar to retention policy, you can configure as you wish,
however the more full backups kept, the more data storage requirements. Set advanced
Options as you desire.
15) Click the Save Backup button
16) Click on the Settings menu, and choose email settings to configure email reporting
17) Fill out all the required information for your email account: Start with smtp server and port
number (for ORI accounts, mail.ori.net port 587, SMTP auth required, email/password, auto
authentication). Fill out the recipient information, and what you want to report, and click save.
18) You should be all setup!